Sunday, September 30, 2012

wading, knowing my ground


Sometimes it's a good run, some Mumford and Sons music, or a phonecall that helps me find the ground I've been searching for while treading water.  These past two days, it's been a bit of everything - both Rachel and Janneke seem to be feeling better; I was encouraged by good words off the pulpit this morning from brother-in-law Jim; we had a good visit with the Waterdown Pot family (missed you, Lucas), and over the weekend, Rachel shared her latest big step.

Rachel has learned to respond to the idea of "giving 5"... even if we have to give her lots of time, she still responds with her palm to mine.  It's pretty cool.  Actually, it's downright awesome. 


I loved how she suddenly pulled her hands behind her - as if to tease. 

 



We may have to wait longer than normal for her to respond, but patience is good to learn for all of us.  Patience is something I need to learn in all of this.... When the ocean seems to be roaring, I've got to learn to wait, knowing the ground is there. I just might not always feel it.  But it's there.  He's there.

Peace for your week.
spot

Wait.

Check out the newest achievement for the Momentum Choir - House of Commons tomorrow morning!

And.... Thank you, Rachel and Gail, for playing this song today during the service.

Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me 
Within your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father, you are King over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

4 comments:

Marya said...

So precious! Thanks for sharing! Thinking of and praying for your family often!

Kelli TenHaken said...

This is great! What a response from Rachel. Celebrating each step with you!

Kelli

Jacquie said...

I love this. That little palm in yours was a great way to come home a busy school day today and catch up on your blog over coffee. High-five to you all on this precious little connection with your girl.

-Jacquie

Anonymous said...

So sweet! That picture of her hiding her hands makes me smile every time I look at it. Atta girl, Rachel! Show everyone who's boss!!