Friday, September 6, 2013

bit o' sun


A single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows.  St. Francis of Assissi


As I watched Janneke spin in circles in the patch of sunlight this morning, I was amazed at her ability to find the warmth of the sun and stay out of the shadows. She spun carefully, staying in the space that was lit.  

Over the last few weeks, I've been reminded of the tension that exists with parenting girls like Rachel and Janneke.  How do I balance being mom and being therapist?  This morning, I had a bit of time before a meeting:  Do I try to find ways to help Janneke progress with some play therapy?... But there was also a pile of sleeping bags and camping equipment to be sorted. 

I chose to work on the remnants of our camping weekend.  And Janneke chose to spin circles in the sunlight.  


Peace to your homes,
spot

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it Sara, well articulated. Living in that tension...
-Jason R