Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas 2015


We tried a family photo today. It was a bit of a gong show, but we all showed up.  

Happy New Year.  Bring on 2016.

Another year with more memories to make.

We're going to pass the pen to one of our current favourite authors, Brene Brown. She's pretty much articulated what we'd like to say: 

This has become my annual holiday post. 
I share it because I need the reminder that we are not alone in the mess.
Every year as I think about my own life and reflect upon what my family and what many of the people around me are going through this Christmas, 
it’s clear that struggle doesn’t take off for the holidays.
The gremlins don’t go on vacation. Checks bounce, chemotherapy appointments are scheduled, interventions are planned, relationships keep unravelling, being alone feels even lonelier, parents negotiate who will have the kids on Christmas morning, and the “never enoughs” are in full swing.
As I prepare to spend the next few days with my family and friends I come back to this: I will find my holiday magic in the mess. I will practice love and gratitude with the special group of folks who keep showing up and loving me, not despite my vulnerabilities, but because of them.

Merry Christmas.

Emmanuel. God showed up. And He walks with us.

peace,
spot and rpot



No comments: